Building Coastal Resilience 2022 is the very first conference on nature-based solutions for coastal protection in Belgium! The conference will take place at KU Leuven Bruges Campus on 12 and 13 April 2022.
The theme of the conference is “Dune in front of a Dike”, a concept that was first presented during the Coastal Dynamics 2021 conference in Delft. The paper received a lot of interest and the question was asked to learn more details of the unique pilot site.
This conference combines scientific information on the pilot site, a field visit and contributions from academia on the broader topic of coastal morphodynamics of sandy beaches and dunes. Exchange of information on running projects between researchers is crucial, with emphasis on young PhD researchers.
- Soft coastal protection
- Coastal morphodynamics
- Wave-driven sediment transport
- Aeolian sediment transport
- Sand-vegetation interaction
- Beaches and dunes
- Coastal resilience
- Nature based solutions
- Tuesday 1 February 2022: abstract submission deadline
- Tuesday 1 February 2022: registration open
- Monday 28 February 2022: announcement of selected abstracts for presentation
- Thursday 31 March 2022: registration deadline
- Tuesday 12 April 2022 – Wednesday 13 April 2022: conference
Date: 12-13 April, 2022
Location: Bruges, Belgium
Further Information: Please see the conference website