The International Conference on Water and Coastal Management takes place from 19th-21st July 2021.
The conference is an online event, organized by the University of Cadiz (Spain) in collaboration with the University of Bologna (Italy) and the University of Algarve (Portugal), as part of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Water and Coastal Management (WACOMA). WACOMA is a multidisciplinary MSc degree that integrates aquatic, environmental and coastal marine sciences to provide a solid knowledge of environmental and legal competencies concerning water and coastal hazard and risk mitigation, adaptation, as well as knowledge of the economic framework of climate change and green economy, coupled to decision making processes. The program also promotes the exchange of information between the academic sector and the coastal users and stake-holders.
Thematic sessions include:
- Coastal dynamics,
- Observation and modelling systems for monitoring the marine environment
- Ecosystem based management: Ecosystem services and human wellbeing
- Integrated coastal zone management and marine spatial planning
- Water resources quality and pollution
- Climate change and global warming
Dates: 19-21 July 2021.
Further information: Available from the conference website.