Workshops of the Group of Experts on Assessment of Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation for Inland Transport provide opportunities for consultation with transport professionals on whether and what kind of guidance they require for integrating climate change adaptation considerations in planning and operational processes.
A small group of experts from Ireland, Germany, Netherlands and UNCTAD1, with the support of the secretariat, organized the first of these workshops on 26 March 2020. The workshop focused on consideration of physical climate change risks in transport planning and operational processes.
The topics included:
- Policies, regulations and standards in support of integrating consideration of physical climate change risks into transport planning and operations,
- Obstacles for integration of climate change considerations in transport,
- Integrating physical climate change risk into transport planning and operations.
The second workshop took place from 22-23 April 2021. The themes addressed included:
- Initiatives in climate change impact assessment and adaptation for inland transport.
- Climate change and transport assets data,
- National and sub-national projects on climate change impact assessment and transport asset adaptation needs,
- Database on adaptation measures.
ECFAS coordinator, Dr. Clara Armaroli, presented ECFAS during the meeting.
You can find further information about the meeting here.