The World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) Open Science Conference returns in 2023, focusing on “Advancing climate science for a sustainable future”. The conference will be held in Kigali, Rwanda, and online on 23-27 October 2023, with the major goal of bridging science and society.
The Conference Session topics comprise the 40 oral and poster sessions that will take place from Monday to Thursday. Additionally Poster clusters, designed to bring together a community working on a specific topic within the broader conference themes, will help participants to organize their poster viewing and to provide a forum for discussion about the cluster topic. Posters will form a very important part of the OSC; all posters will be uploaded to a virtual poster gallery several weeks before the Conference to allow for pre-Conference viewing and virtual poster sessions.
- Theme 1: Advances in Climate Research
- Theme 2: Human Interactions with Climate
- Theme 3: Co-produced Climate Services and Solutions
– 1 December 2022: Abstract submission, financial support application open
– Early 2023: Registration opens
– 28 February 2023: Abstract submission and financial support application deadline
– March-April 2023: Abstract review
– May 2023: Abstract and financial support notifications
– July 2023: Final Conference program with speakers
– 22 & 28 October 2023: Early to mid-career researcher (EMCR) Symposium
– 23-27 October 2023: WCRP Open Science Conference
Dates: 23-27 October, 2023
Location: Kigali, Rwanda, and online
Further information: Please see the conference website.