Effects of Climate Change on the World’s Ocean (ECCWO5) brings together experts from around the world to better understand climate effects on ocean ecosystem, what adaptation and mitigation measures could look like, and how to implement them. The symposium is continuing the successful series of ECCWO symposia over the last years.
The symposium highlights the latest information on how oceans are changing, what is at risk, and how to respond. It also identifies key knowledge gaps, promotes collaborations, and stimulates the next generation of science and actions.
Key Topic Areas
- Characterization and mechanisms of ocean changes in the global climate system,
- Impacts of changing climate on biological and ecological ocean conditions and related ecosystem services,
- Impacts of changing climate on ocean-dependent sectors, coastal livelihoods, societies and economies,
- Responding to climate-related changes in ocean conditions through societal, institutional and sectoral adaptations and governance,
- Extreme and abrupt changes in ocean systems,
- Advancing methods to observe and project climate drivers and impacts on ocean ecosystems,
- Using ocean-based solutions to mitigate climate change.
Dates: 17-21 April 2023
Location: Bergen, Norway
Further information: Please see the event website.